Thermal imaging camera locates problem at Sonic
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
GRAVETTE - Gravette Fire Department’s new Thermal Imaging Camera apparently located the cause of a smoke-like odor that resulted in two fire runs to the Gravette Sonic during the past week.
The department was dispatched to the Sonic Drive-in about 7:15 a.m. Thursday where the smokelike odor filled the building.
According to officer Charles Skaggs, it appeared to be caused by an overheated electrical circuit. After a search of the structure, including the upper portion of the building, the cause could not be determined.
During a second fire call Sunday morning, a “hot spot” was located at an electrical socket behind one of the cooking devices. No blaze was reported during either call. An electrical firm was at ...
Subscribers must LOG-IN to read this full story.
Monthly and yearly online subscriptions are available starting at only $2.99. Access is free for print subscribers. Click here to see rates and register.
News, Pages 1 on 11/24/2010