GRAVETTE Members of the Gravette School Board held a planning session Tuesday, Nov. 7, at the school administration building. Unofficial minutes from that meeting indicate that board members considered the following agenda items:
• Heard a presentation on a school-based health clinic by high school principal Jay Chalk. The board requested more information on school-based health plans.
• Heard a presentation on out-of-school expulsion options by principal Chalk.
• Heard a facilities report and discussion by Richard Carver, transportation, custodial and maintenance department supervisor, and representatives from BiLD Architects. Board members requested that the athletic director and coaches present what they would like to see in a new gym. Board members seem to be favoring a dome-style gym. Board members also requested that Zane Vanderpool, principal at Glenn Duffy Elementary School, present a list of his needs and wants at Glenn Duffy.
• Considered a millage and cost analysis.
• Voted to hold the 2018 annual school election on May 22, 2018, and authorized Richard Page, superintendent of schools, to present this resolution to the Benton County Clerk before Feb. 22, 2018.
• Heard a budget review by Bill Hayford, the business manager.
• Voted to accept the resignation of Bill Hayford, effective Dec. 31.
• Heard a school board goals update by Sharla Heltzel, the assistant superintendent.
• Requested that Superintendent Page present a dress code that includes professional dress for all employees of the district. The board agreed that shirts with collars should be required.
Accepted a recommendation by Sheila Roughton, food service director, to approve the state procurement code and regulations.
General News on 11/22/2017
Print Headline: Gravette school board holds planning session, asks for staff dress code