HIGHFILL -- Police in Highfill arrested Jason Neal Vanhook, 41, and Kimberly Ann Vanhook, 43, on Jan. 5 in connection to possession of drugs, an alcohol still and firearms, according to a news release from Blake Webb, Highfill police chief.
According to the release, the Highfill Police Department assisted Arkansas Community Corrections with a probationer compliance check at 11296 West Highway 264 in the city of Highfill -- the known residence of Kimberly and Jason Vanhook -- on Jan. 5. During the investigation, seven firearms, six rifles and a handgun were found inside the residence, along with over 2 grams of methamphetamine, marijuana, and numerous articles of misdemeanor and felony drug paraphernalia. Also recovered inside the residence was a copper still used in the manufacture of "moonshine" or illicit liquor, a Class D felony in the state of Arkansas.
Jason Vanhook and Kimberly Vanhook were arrested and booked on the following charges, the release states:
Jason Vanhook --
• Possession firearms by certain person times seven, Class D felony;
• Possession of illicit still, Class D felony.
Kimberly Vanhook --
• Possession of firearms by certain person times seven, Class D felony;
• Possession of methamphetamine or cocaine with the purpose to deliver, Class B felony;
• Simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms, Class Y felony;
• Possession drug paraphernalia, Class A misdemeanor;
• Possession drug paraphernalia, Class D felony;
• Possession controlled substance, Class A misdemeanor.
Jason Vanhook was released on a $10,000 bond, the release states. Kimberly Vanhook is currently being held on a $20,000 bond, according to the release.
General News on 01/10/2018
Print Headline: Highfill police arrest two in connection with drug, alcohol and firearm charges