News Obits School/Sports Community Opinion Photos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

— Christmas will be bleak for an area family whose home was destroyed by fire Sunday night.

The farm home of Danny Todd, located just south of Sulphur Springs, was destroyed by fire Sunday night of this week.

The fire occurred shortly before midnight and may have been caused by a defective fireplace chimney.

The structure and its contents were a total loss.

Danny was at work in Gentry when the fire occurred.

His sons Robert, 18, who suffered a broken jaw andfacial burns, and Bo, 19, escaped from the blaze along with their cousin Jonathan Todd, who suffered injuries from shattered glass. He also was able to escape from the burning structure.

Fire departments from neighboring towns aided in fighting the rapidly spreading blaze but were unable to save the structure and all its contents.

Danny’s mother, Marilee Todd, said that a fund for the family has been started at Arvest Bank by Tina Henry and Cheryl McAfee and donations can be made there.

News, Pages 1 on 12/23/2009

Print Headline: Fire Destroys Area Home; Fund Opened For Family

Sponsor Content

Comments

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT