Fire chief suggests cleaning chimneys

Creosote buildup is a leading cause of home heating fires

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Print item

As the weather grows colder more people will be lighting their fireplaces and wood stoves, and Decatur fire chief David Flynt would like to remind residents to clean out their chimneys and check the batteries in their smoke alarms.


Subscribers must LOG-IN to read this full story.
Monthly and yearly online subscriptions are available starting at only $2.99. Access is free for print subscribers. Click here to see rates and register.

News, Pages 16 on 11/17/2010

Comments

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Registration is required to make comments. Click here to LOGIN.
You can register for FREE to post comments and receive alerts.