Compton Park dedicated to major Decatur advocate

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Print item

Zoom
Photo by Mike Eckels This is the only marker signifying Compton Park, which was dedicated to David Compton, Jr., in 1959. The park is located at the east end of Crystal Lake, off of Arkansas Highway 102, in Decatur. Compton Park is used as a camp ground.

Photo by Mike Eckels This is the only marker signifying Compton Park, which was dedicated to David Compton, Jr., in 1959. The park is located at the east end of Crystal Lake, off of Arkansas Highway 102, in Decatur. Compton Park is used as a camp ground.
Photo by Arkansas Online

NOTE: A few weeks ago, the Eagle Observer ran a photograph of a marker bearing the name of Dave Compton. This marker is located on a hill above the Crystal Lake camp area off Arkansas Highway 102, east of Decatur. Since that picture first appeared, several readers have come forward with information pertaining to the marker.


Subscribers must LOG-IN to read this full story.
Monthly and yearly online subscriptions are available starting at only $2.99. Access is free for print subscribers. Click here to see rates and register.

Comments

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Registration is required to make comments. Click here to LOGIN.
You can register for FREE to post comments and receive alerts.